If you are moving into your new home, chances are you’re going to move lot’s of furniture and other stuff. The challenging part is usually after the move and placing your furniture at the places you want them and not have to make changes later.
Trust me, if you have to make changes afterwards it’s probably going to be chaotic! So why not do it right the first time. Instructing your movers on where to place your furniture will definitely help you make this job a whole lot easier.It is always a good thing to put your ideas onto paper and drawings so that other’s can also see your ideas. I’ve found a opensource software that is perfect for the job. Although it might not be suitable for everyone, but I think most computer users would be able to benefit from it, it’s pretty easy to use really.
If you can play The Sims 3 you’ll be able to use this software with ease!
It’s call Sweet Home 3D.With This Software You can draft out your ideas and share it with others.
Sweet Home 3D is an interior design Java application for quickly choosing and placing furniture on a house 2D plan drawn by the end-user, with a 3D preview.
- Draw walls and rooms upon the image of an existing plan
- Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture from a catalog onto the plan
- Update colors, texture, size and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings
- View all changes simultaneously in the 3D view from any view point
- Create photorealistic images and videos with various light sources
- Import additional 3D models and export plan at various standard formats
Tip On Moving Heavy Furniture:
Buy Sliders of appropriate size at your local hardware or home goods store (or national chains like Home Depot or Lowes).
Lift each corner and put a Slider underneath so that the smooth edge is towards the floor.
Move the furniture, holding it low, once all corners have sliders – because the friction is almost eliminated and the furniture moves very easily.